For reasons that will become apparent in a few months (it’s not that exciting), I have spent a lot of today looking at papers associated with the discovery and early structural studies of ferrocene. I have come across wonderful footnotes (and notices) in some journals. Below is one from the Journal of Organometallic Chemistry that I thought I’d share. It’s from an article by Peter Pauson recounting how the story of ferrocene all began. If only it was so easy to get a job these days…! I’ll try and share a few more of these footnotes/notices if I get a chance.
Find meE-mail: stuart at stuartcantrill.com
Top posts & pages
- The heaviest naturally occurring element on Earth?
- The smallest chiral hydrocarbon?
- My ChemDraw hell
- How to make sloe gin... and a little bit of chemistry
- Another 100 chemists on Twitter
- 10 quick cover-letter tips for submitting scientific papers
- My science story (and my Dad)
- Cookie chemistry
- 115 years of JACS titles
Tags#iamscience acs aids angewandte chemie april 1st april fools day authors barton benzene blogging borromean rings c&en chemdraw chemistry chemistry publishing chemists chemjobber chemjobs chirality citation distributions citations cookies cover letters dad dietmar seyferth dynamic covalent chemistry editorial elements exam questions ferrocene fun genetics geography graphical abstracts haemophilia history history of chemistry hiv hydrocarbons impact factor jacs journal development journals kitchen chemistry life-in-my-own-hands lists metrics nature nature chemistry nature publishing group nobel nobel prize not top 100 but just 100 organosilicon papers peer review periodic table publishing referees science scientific literature scientific publishing seearroh silicon slides social media stereochemistry synthesis talks travel twitter twitter chemists twitter list writing x-ray crystallography
- Time to bring @sirfrasersays back down to Earth - still only the 4th most popular #chemnobel ;-) #TeamFraser https://t.co/KHYANx4PJ5 53 minutes ago
- Today's the big one! #chemnobel #TeamFraser https://t.co/NtCYyygkp6 1 hour ago
- RT @ChemBark: Chemistry faculty poach of the year! twitter.com/chemistrymit/s… 1 hour ago
- This tweet + the replies = 😂 twitter.com/curiouswavefn/… 1 hour ago
- RT @alain_beretz: Délégation strasbourgeoise à Stockholm: @nierengarten6 @DenekenMichel JM #Lehn #JPSauvageteam @unistra @CNRS @INC_CNRS @s… 9 hours ago
- 184,838 hits
- Follow Chemical connections on WordPress.com