For reasons that will become apparent in a few months (it’s not that exciting), I have spent a lot of today looking at papers associated with the discovery and early structural studies of ferrocene. I have come across wonderful footnotes (and notices) in some journals. Below is one from the Journal of Organometallic Chemistry that I thought I’d share. It’s from an article by Peter Pauson recounting how the story of ferrocene all began. If only it was so easy to get a job these days…! I’ll try and share a few more of these footnotes/notices if I get a chance.
Find meE-mail: stuart at stuartcantrill.com
Top posts & pages
- I did a Nobel thing...
- The heaviest naturally occurring element on Earth?
- The smallest chiral hydrocarbon?
- How to make sloe gin... and a little bit of chemistry
- 10 quick cover-letter tips for submitting scientific papers
- My ChemDraw hell
- 100 chemists on Twitter
- A quantitative analysis of how often Nature gives a fuck
- Imperfect impact
Tags#chemmoviecarnival #iamscience acs aids angewandte chemie april 1st april fools day authors barton beltric acid benzene blogging borromean rings c&en chemdraw chemistry chemistry publishing chemjobber chemjobs chirality citation distributions citations cookies cover letters dad dietmar seyferth dynamic covalent chemistry editorial elements exam questions ferrocene fun genetics geography graphical abstracts haemophilia history history of chemistry hiv hydrocarbons impact factor jacs journal development journals kitchen chemistry language metrics nature nature chemistry nature publishing group nobel nobel prize organometallics organosilicon papers peer review periodic table publishing referees science scientific literature scientific publishing seearroh silicon slides social media stereochemistry synthesis talks titles travel twitter word clouds writing x-ray crystallography
- @ProfMike_QMUL I saw loads today and we're going picking next weekend- want me to bag you a few kilos? 1 hour ago
- @MeningitisNow Do you folks have a hashtag for the walk? #meningitiswalk #fivevalleyswalk #FVwalk? #5valleyswalk? 2 hours ago
- @NotHF @ChemProfCramer Southern Comfort did it for me - can't even stand the smell of it now... 3 hours ago
- @NotHF @ChemProfCramer I wish I could! 3 hours ago
- @ChemProfCramer @NotHF Hmm, maybe. You both need to try mine. 3 hours ago
- 174,520 hits
- Follow Chemical connections on WordPress.com