Find meE-mail: stuart at stuartcantrill.com
Top posts & pages
- The heaviest naturally occurring element on Earth?
- My ChemDraw hell
- 100 chemists on Twitter
- The smallest chiral hydrocarbon?
- 10 quick cover-letter tips for submitting scientific papers
- Imperfect impact
- We need to talk about Twitter...
- A quantitative analysis of how often Nature gives a fuck
- Make-or-break chemistry
- 115 years of JACS titles
Tags#chemmoviecarnival #iamscience aids angewandte chemie april 1st april fools day authors barton beltric acid benzene blogging borromean rings c&en chemdraw chemistry chemistry publishing chemjobber chemjobs chirality citation distributions citations cookies dad dialium dietmar seyferth dynamic covalent chemistry editorial elements exam questions ferrocene fun genetics geography graphical abstracts haemophilia history history of chemistry hiv hydrocarbons impact factor jacs jadarite journal development journals kitchen chemistry kryptonite language metrics movies nature nature chemistry nature publishing group nobel nobel prize organometallics organosilicon papers peer review periodic table publishing science scientific literature scientific publishing seearroh silicon social media stereochemistry superman synthesis talks travel twitter word clouds writing x-ray crystallography
- Gives an error for me - says it's an internal listing... twitter.com/paleymir/statu… 2 hours ago
- @alex_brovvn Playing hard to get, perhaps? ;-) 17 hours ago
- Dear Frontiers in Nanostuff: a) Really lame solicitation... b) Maybe check out what I do b4 spamming me like this https://t.co/HehVwCHmvo 17 hours ago
- RT @ezraklein: This is the harshest thing I've ever written about a major presidential candidate. But it's deserved: vox.com/2016/2/10/1095… 17 hours ago
- RT @JessicaScott09: Whoa. twitter.com/dianepatterson… 1 day ago
- 153,572 hits
- Follow Chemical connections on WordPress.com
Category Archives: Journal stuff
Over at my day job, I recently looked at the distribution of citations that 2012 and 2013 Nature Chemistry papers (Articles, Reviews and Perspectives) received in 2014 – essentially the citations that are used to calculate the 2014 impact factor … Continue reading
After seeing this tweet the other evening: Huge respect to @CSPO_ASU's Dan Sarewitz for getting the one word sentence "Bollocks" into @nature http://t.co/AQC4hdENMC — Jack Stilgoe (@Jackstilgoe) February 6, 2015 I started to wonder just how sweary Nature has been … Continue reading
Where did the inspiration for the TIE fighters in Star Wars come from? Well, we surely can’t rule out that George Lucas read this Zeitschrift für anorganische und allgemeine Chemie paper from 1953 and was particularly struck by the following … Continue reading