For reasons that will become apparent in a few months (it’s not that exciting), I have spent a lot of today looking at papers associated with the discovery and early structural studies of ferrocene. I have come across wonderful footnotes (and notices) in some journals. Below is one from the Journal of Organometallic Chemistry that I thought I’d share. It’s from an article by Peter Pauson recounting how the story of ferrocene all began. If only it was so easy to get a job these days…! I’ll try and share a few more of these footnotes/notices if I get a chance.
Find meE-mail: stuart at stuartcantrill.com
Top posts & pages
- The heaviest naturally occurring element on Earth?
- My ChemDraw hell
- 10 quick cover-letter tips for submitting scientific papers
- Make-or-break chemistry
- A quantitative analysis of how often Nature gives a fuck
- 115 years of JACS titles
- 100 chemists on Twitter
- The last writes
- The smallest chiral hydrocarbon?
- Some surprising silicon chemistry
Tags#chemmoviecarnival #iamscience aids angewandte chemie april 1st april fools day authors barton beltric acid benzene blogging borromean rings buckminsterfullerene c&en c60 chemdraw chemistry chemistry publishing chemjobber chemjobs chirality cookies dad dialium dietmar seyferth dynamic covalent chemistry editorial elements exam questions ferrocene fun genetics geography graphical abstracts haemophilia history history of chemistry hiv hydrocarbons impact factor jacs jadarite journal development journals kitchen chemistry krypton kryptonite language mercury metrics movies nature nature chemistry nature publishing group nobel nobel prize organosilicon peer review periodic table plutonium publishing science scientific literature scientific publishing seearroh silicon stereochemistry superman synthesis talks travel twitter word clouds writing x-ray crystallography
- RT @WWarped: Fucking hunters. They need to stop. RIP Sulley. http://t.co/FeyIg4rHzh 6 hours ago
- @SuperScienceGrl @Chemjobber I think they do upload archived versions, but maybe not for a month or so... 6 hours ago
- @caferyavuz Fully. 6 hours ago
- @HSBC_UK_Help All sorted, thanks. 6 hours ago
- @HSBC_UK_Help OK, that's the credit card sorted, thanks. Debit card still not verifying. Will call. 10 hours ago
- 132,732 hits
- Follow Chemical connections on WordPress.com