For reasons that will become apparent in a few months (it’s not that exciting), I have spent a lot of today looking at papers associated with the discovery and early structural studies of ferrocene. I have come across wonderful footnotes (and notices) in some journals. Below is one from the Journal of Organometallic Chemistry that I thought I’d share. It’s from an article by Peter Pauson recounting how the story of ferrocene all began. If only it was so easy to get a job these days…! I’ll try and share a few more of these footnotes/notices if I get a chance.
Stuart CantrillE-mail: stuart at stuartcantrill.com
- #chemcoach #chemmoviecarnival #iamscience #overlyhonestmethods aids analytical chemistry angewandte chemie authors bacon beltric acid benzene blog blogging borromean rings buckminsterfullerene c&en c60 careers chemdraw chemistry chemjobber chemjobs chirality cookies dad dialium drrubidium dynamic covalent chemistry editorial elements exam questions ferrocene fun genetics geography grad school graphical abstracts haemophilia history hiv hydrocarbons impact factor jacs jadarite journal development journals krypton kryptonite lab work mercury metrics movies nature nature chemistry nature publishing group naughty xenon nmr spectroscopy nobel prize olympics peer review periodic table plutonium publishing readers readership seearroh stats stereochemistry superman synthesis talks travel twitter writing x-ray crystallography
- RT @drlucyrogers: *sigh* “@dasilva_uk: “@caleb_scharf: This: http://t.co/OZ6TN7mRSw” #fb” 1 hour ago
- RT @goatkarma: THE greatest Russian road rage dashboard cam ever. Absolutely glorious. youtu.be/Wnsdc7cTPuU 1 hour ago
- Latest batch of home-grown produce! http://t.co/UF2bmrnegi 5 hours ago
- RT @downpour_com: What If? The book by Randall Munroe, creator of #XKCD is here! Check out @doctorow's great write-up at Boing Boing! http:… 6 hours ago
- #chemclub RT @spfletcher: Good work @_byronmiller! Physical autocatalysis driven by a bond-forming thiol–ene reaction bit.ly/1qlnv4K 10 hours ago